Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Chuy's Charlotte: Talk & Taste

My foodie heart was broken when Zink closed its doors last year and I have not been able to bring myself to try Chuy's, a tex-mex restaurant that went into the empty space. I had so many great memories at Zink that I was afraid that the replacement would not be as good. The mixed reviews only fueled my preconception.

I love being proven wrong.

A few weeks ago, I was invited to a Talk & Taste event with fellow Charlotte foodies. We were treated to all the salsas on the menu (and one that isn't!), samples of specialty margaritas, and full entrees. The food was great, but the attentive service was what won me over. The fact that everything is made from scratch, daily, made it difficult not to instantly become a fan.

Below are all the noms that we got to enjoy:


Getting sauce-ducated.


New Mexican jalapeƱo margarita


Blackberry Margarita


Sangria (made with tequila!)





"Big as yo'face" beef burrito


Chicken tortilla soup. Amazeballs!



My lovely date, Katy of girl and the good.


There's no photographic evidence of the amazing tres leches cake because my husband and I devoured it before it could be documented.

Huge thanks to Gwen and everyone at Chuy's for a great night!

1 comment:

  1. Your post makes be want to give Chuy's a second chance. I was there a few weeks ago and the food was good, but not as good as some of the other Mexican joints (I could eat Azteca or Three Amigos everyday). I was sad because the service was awful, and I hate complaining about really bad service. But you've given me hope...I will go back again!

    ReplyDelete