Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Charlotte is on the Verge

Unless you have been living under a rock, you probably have seen the sad attempt at satire on Huffington Post about Charlotte and local publications and bloggers stepping in to defend the Queen City.

You should really read Jeremy Markovich's article in Our State instead of the Huff Post article. It's beautifully written, although lengthy, and shares the sentiments I have towards Charlotte.

"And right now, at this moment, at this point in history, that is Charlotte. We’re on the verge of something.

We’re lucky. Some towns in North Carolina are locked into what they’ve been for years. There are beach towns. Furniture towns. Mill towns. Farm towns. Suburbs. Mountain getaways. Interstate oases. Tobacco towns. When the realities of a new era force them to change, sometimes they have a hard time doing so. Some places dry up. The stores close. The weeds grow. The people move. The heritage is so strong that it’s hard to stop living in the past. People point at those towns and say, I know who you are.

Not Charlotte. They say we’re nice. But we know we’re more than that."

***

Today I had a beautifully exhausting day. I met with amazingly talented women here in Charlotte who are doing big things. I walked away from both coffee meetings feeling more confident about what I want to do and the paths I need to take. It's not going to be easy and I like it that way.

I also made a pit stop at a dim sum restaurant for lunch... My heart yearns for travel and an epic foodventure.

 
Foreign currency adorns a door at Smelly Cat Coffee.





Dim Sum on Central Ave.



Latte art at Central Coffee


I'm spending the rest of the week prepping for a new venture and tagging clothes for the Green Jeans Sale. I may also do the dishes and finish laundry from last weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment